Saturday, December 8, 2007

Interesting facts about our family

You all may already know this stuff, but I found it to be interesting. I plan on finding my genealogy and putting it on this site eventually. But for now, here are some interesting factoids:

Click here to see the distribution of Coletti families in the U.S. in 1920. According to Ancestry.com, only 1-3 Coletti families lived in Wyoming and in Utah at that time.

"Coletti" apparently comes from a diminutive of "Cola." "Cola" is a short form of "Nicola," which apparently was the Italian equivalent of "Nicholas."

This, I thought, was really interesting. In 1880, the top occupations for "Colettis" were as follows:

That explains the overabundance of music and art in our family!

I guess there's even a Coletti family crest.

And look at this--a book called "The Coletti Name in History." This should be good to read by the fireplace someday.

Anyway, this was fun. I'm going to do some more research on the "Coletti" name and our family before we have this reunion! I invite you to do the same!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I am also a Coletti. My name is Brad Coletti. I was born in Salem, Massachusetts to George and Donna Coletti. I now reside in Tucson, AZ. I am also a musician which I thought was great to see in the chart above. It certainly explains a lot. If anyone would like to email me please do so at:
Jendell7@netzero.com